Thursday, May 1, 2008

I Want to Ride my Bicycle: A Tribute

My bicycle. It's not the greatest bike in the world, but it has offered me so much through its amazing attributes:

1.) Its bike bell: fun and functional
2.) Its ability to never get a flat (I'm knocking on wood right now)
3.) Its positive effect on my health
4.) Its positive effect on my wallet
5.) AND, its positive effect on the environment

Bicycle riding is quite possibly the most fun "green" activity out there. The City of Fort Collins, a "bike friendly town" has been a wonderful arena for my bicycle passion. Bike lanes, bike trails, bike breweries, bike shops, bike rentals, bike coffee shops...oh yes, and the other bike lovers.

So, thank you Fort Collins, and thank you to the bicycle. Go forth, be green, listen to Queen, and ride you bike.

No comments: